Quick programming note: our Loop-de-Loop contest ends 10/6 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
New Blog Subscriptions
- David Sladkey created a slick lesson in Desmos asking students to make their way around a maze using functions. Looking forward to more of that.
- Bill Hinkley taught with Zan Armstrong, one of Desmos’ crackerjack new hires. He seems to post once every couple of months with insightful, illustrated dispatches from his classroom.
- Kelly Zinck and Erick Lee co-author a blog (+1 fun). They’re a couple of math consultant co-workers (+1 fun) out of Halifax which is in Canada (+1 fun) who share both wacky and well-worn activities for math students (+1 fun). That’s four fun points. Easy call.
- I don’t know who writes the blog Algeotrigcal but they had me at “Algeotrigcal.”
- Ruth Eichholtz blogs thoughtfully about math education and technology. She has a particular post I must share with you later. Loved it. Best use of Classkick I’ve encountered so far. Wouldn’t dream of spoiling it.
- Matthew Oldridge tangles with the same crowd of traditionalists on Twitter that I tangle with only he does it with more patience and good humor. I was surprised I hadn’t already subscribed, frankly.
- Selling B2E. Gotta take care of business now.
New Twitter Follows
- Dylan Wiliam. Perhaps you have heard of him.
Commenters I Wish Had A Blog / Twitter Account / Zine / Etc.
- Bret Giliand, who gave me a good razzing last month. Somebody hook him up!