Poking my head up briefly to let you know where I’ll be speaking at NCTM in Boston this week:
- Tuesday. 9:00A. Beyond Real World & Relevance: Stronger Strategies for Student Engagement. Hanover, MA.
- Wednesday. 7:30A. The Future of Math Textbooks (if Math Textbooks Have a Future). NCSM.
- Wednesday. 10:30A. Plenary. NCTM Research Conference.
- Wednesday. 1:30P. Mathematical Modeling with Multimedia NCTM.
- Thursday. 3:30P. The Express Lane Is for Suckers, or Is It? (Yes, it Is.) [Ignite]. NCTM.
- Thursday. 5:00P. ShadowCon. NCTM.
- Thursday. 7:00P. Desmos / Mathalicious Happy Hour. NCTM.
- Friday. 9:30A. Fake-World Math: When Mathematical Modeling Goes Wrong . NCTM.
I really think we should spend Thursday evening together.
From 3:30 on you have a) the Ignite sessions, which are always fun, then you have b) ShadowCon, which is basically the future of NCTM conferences, after which c) your two favorite math education companies want to buy you a drink.
For my part, if I can only make it to one session, it’s going to be this one.