Just impossibly excited about tomorrow’s Northern California math conference. Here’s my tentative dance card, in chronological order, plus a few alternates.
- Bix Beaman. Breathtakingly Gorgeous 107 Acres? Howâ€™d They Get That? Also: Tom Murray. Blood Count: Are You At Risk?
- Steven Leinwand. Converting Typical PD into Real Teacher Development Practices. Also: I’m doing the same talk in this slot I did at Palm Springs last month and will do again at NCTM in April before taking it out back and giving it the Old Yeller.
- Harold Jacobs. Mathematical Snapshots of 2011. Also: Brian Lim. Make Use of Structure in High School Mathematics Classes. Scott Farrand, Rick West. Polynomial Surprises. Allan Bellman. You’ve Checked for Understanding â€” Now What!?
- Michael Serra. Teaching Sequential Reasoning Through Games and Puzzles. Also: Breedeen Murray. Beyond Sudoku: Use Logic Puzzles to Develop Reasoning Skills.
- Christopher Mackenzie. An Appropriate Tool for Algebra is a Dynamic Spreadsheet! Also: Avery Pickford. Making Common Core Process Standards More than an Afterthought
Other places you’ll find me:
- Seeley’s opening night keynote.
- Schoenfeld’s Sunday morning keynote.
- I’ll be doing one of the talks at Key Curriculum Press’ Ignite event Saturday night.
- Lunch on Saturday you’ll find me at the picnic tables as you walk from the venue towards the water. All welcome.