Two found lists, both old, both worthwhile in parts.
Stefan Sagmeister on Things I Have Learned In My Life So Far:
- Drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on.
- Over time I get used to everything and start taking for granted.
- Money does not make me happy.
- My dreams have no meaning.
And, more recently, Immaculate Heart College’s Art Department Rules:
- Nothing is a mistake. There is no win and no fail. There is only make.
- The only rule is work. If you work it will lead to something. It’s the people who do all of the work all the time who eventually catch on to things.
- Don’t try to create and analyse at the same time. They’re different processes.
There is only make.