What we’re enjoying in class this week:
- Halloween Awakening (really thematically rich if you feel like digging; stop motion, natch.)
- Ooga Halloween Trick or Treat Video (prime Halloween prank that stays well within the bounds of good taste; not stop motion, mercifully.)
- Trinity Lateral Miracle (fifteen laterals, thirty-nine yards in one play; announcer at the end calls it the greatest play in all of division iii football, totally without irony.)
- Jen Stark’s paper sculptures (i’m a sucker for this kind of geometric art; kids didn’t mind it either.)
- English Pronunciation (“If you can pronounce correctly every word in this poem, you will be speaking English better than 90% of the native English speakers in the world.”; i’m also a sucker for junk science stats like that; select a few stanzas, have your kids try to read ’em aloud.)
Scott EliasNovember 6, 2007 - 6:23 am -
Can’t see the YouTube one from school ($*!@#% overly aggressive filter…), but the Ooga video had me cracking up.
danNovember 6, 2007 - 6:25 am -
I can’t really qualify it, which frustrates me, but it seems somehow like a sweet prank. As far as Halloween pranks go.