Why We’re Here:
- We’ll make our own tessellations from a hexagonal base.
- We’ll review the methods for finding area of rectangles, parallelograms, and triangles.
- Index cards, pre-printed with a square and a hexagon.
- Tesselations Project sheet
- Opener + Review (15 minutes)
- Demonstrate Hexagon Tessellation (15 minutes)
- Crafty Scissors Project Work Time! (35 minutes)
- Clean Up (5 minutes)
- Break (5 minutes)
- Show and Tell (1.5 minutes)
- Area Notes (20 minutes)
- Area Classwork (20 minutes)
Notes & Revisions:
- Should definitely have cracked some harder examples on slide 13, heavier on the Algebra. Next time give the area and work backwards to find base or height.