These are instructions for installing and using Tweet Highlighter, a tiny Chrome extension I use to help me welcome newcomers to a particular hashtag.
- Download the Chrome extension.
- Double click the file to expand the archive into a folder.
- Go to chrome://extensions in your URL bar.
- Click “Developer Mode.”
- Click “Load unpacked extension.”
- Locate the folder you expanded and select it.
- Decide if you want to allow the extension to change webpages you visit. This is necessary for the extension to change the background of tweets on Twitter and in Tweetdeck.
That’s it. You’ve installed Tweet Highlighter.
- Click the little “H” that just appeared in your extensions bar.
- Click “Add New Rule.”
- Title it, define the rule, and select the color.
- Head to Twitter or Tweetdeck and enjoy.
Questions or comments or clarification? Leave ’em below.
This is Version 1.0 of an extension that is unwarrantied and won’t be updated. I’m releasing this code into the public domain. Do whatever you want with it.