I'll be at CMC-North this weekend and my schedule is jammed up with too many great options:
- 8:00-9:00AM. Lisa Nussdorfer. Using the iPad in the Mathematics Classroom.
- 9:30-10:30AM. Dan Meyer. Tools and Technology for Modern Math Teaching.
- 11:00AM-12:00PM. Bob Petersen. Making Functions in Algebra Active and Interesting. Backups: Alteparmakian, Callahan, Doherty, Lim, Taylor.
- 1:30-3:00PM. Karen Arth. Mathematical Modeling. Backups: Farrand, Humphreys, Pickford, Tucher.
- 3:30-5:00PM. DeFazio. Learning Algebra Using C/C++. Backups: Bellman.
Very few math conferences have that kind of roster and as sad as I am for myself that I may miss Patrick Callahan and Megan Taylor and Tony Alteparmakian and others, I'm even sadder for you, because you may not be there at all.
So I'm kicking off Math Recap with several other Internet-types at CMC-North. We'll be digesting and blogging the sessions we attend and we could probably use your help.
If a) you'd like to help open up the professional development that's usually locked up at these kinds of conferences, b) you already have a blog, c) you'll be at CMC-North, then send those details in an email pronto to email@example.com.
Thanks, team. Let's make this awesome.
Great idea! I could not afford to go, so I'm really glad you'll be sharing what you learned.