Neil bumped into a soft spot in our guidelines, using one of Keynote's prefabricated templates to assist his design. After some deliberation — and on the recommendation of Neil, himself — we decided this wasn't in the spirit of the competition.
- Neil's a real swell guy for bringing this to our attention.
- Keynote comes stocked with some amazing prefab templates.
- Ethan and Paul are entitled to the gift baskets described in the original first place announcement.
- Among other recommendations, Jeffrey had the most unique visual hook of the remaining contestants.
This doesn't mean:
- Neil's photography or writing is any less superb than we originally thought.
Thanks, apologies, it's still been great.