April 27th, 2007 by Dan Meyer
- Classification of solid shapes.
- A nice self-contained classwork set + visuals.
- The start of our prep routine for state testing.
- The question: how does one teach Geometry without a digital projector? Do you have to draw these tricky solids by hand?
- Hole-in-one insurance. Sunday Times. Because if you nail a hole-in-one you are obliged to buy drinks, meals, and gifts for the entire clubhouse.
- This is not a pentahedron. This is a hexahedron. Number of sides.
- Talk about lateral faces. Lateral edges. Oblique.
- Ask them to sort things into pyramid & prism categories. This here’s a picture of an ingot.
Notes & Revisions: