August 27th, 2007 by Dan Meyer
- Jumping back into 100% teaching for the first time in over a year (I was 80% last year) after a summer of desk work is fatiguing. No idea how my dear old dads does it after thirtysomething years. My voice is beat. I’m beat.
- I realize we’re all on best behavior right now but we seem to have positive chemistry — me and each of my five classes. I can work with that.
- Got a kid in sixth who’s taller than me. Something like six foot ten. Freaking me out.
- I spaced on the order of my classes and handed a Geometry activity out to an Algebra class. Really dumb. Saved myself but things were looking awkward for a second.
- Back at this dumb coffee shop planning dumb lessons. I hate to let anyone tell me “I told you so” but it’s possible I won’t be reusing as much content as I thought I would. Remains to be seen.